Thursday, September 21, 2006

Ahh, Brunei...

It's a little over a week since I've been here, and I'm beginning to miss Brunei. As much as I may complain about hot days and sweating, I'll be the first to admit--

I love it in Brunei.

I love the year-round sun.
I love the fact that everyday is a perfect beach day.
I love the frequently clear, shockingly blue skies.
I love how everyday is hot, which makes it always a good day for ice-cream.
I love the fact that you can go out in a t-shirt and jeans any day of the year (hell, even shorts and slippers!).
I love the fact that you can have a say in how cold it is (I love thermostats!).
I love how people actually enjoy the cooling effect of rain (as opposed to despising it here because it adds wet to the existing cold).
I love the calm and quiet and how laidback everything is, even in the "busy" areas.
I love walking at my own pace.
I love not being a minority.
I love taking a shower and actually enjoying the cold water after a hot sweaty day.
I love the fact that you can't go out without seeing green everywhere.
I love cheap Chinese food.
I love pasar malams.
I love the coziness of everything, like how you can sit in Coffeebean and relax with a coffee and not be distracted by the world outside whizzing past (simply because nothing whizzes in Brunei).
I love the fact that Brunei is home.

I miss Brunei.

Oh, and Weird Al rules. Total genius.

By Chester with 4 comments

4 comments:

ah yes. nothing whizzes in brunei.

i miss the cheap chinese food and pasar malams too man. you know what else i'll be be missing? ang pao. i'll be missing brunei-style hari raya and chinese new year for the next 5 years.

Know how you feel.

Enjoy your extended leave, though, because before you know it, it'll be 7 months and you'll wonder where the heck the time went.

And that's when you realize you're WAY more capable than you thought you were.

haha...welcome to my world! :) Totally identify with you man. But hey, enjoy it while you can in the UK. I'm sure lots of fun is heading your way!!

[Josh] Haha yeah! Man...
[Sana] Yeah. But the 6 month absence after December is gonna be harder.
[Ruth] Hehe no doubt.

Post a Comment

    • Popular
    • Categories
    • Archives