Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Mr. Bean's Holiday

I'd like to say that Mr. Bean's Holiday is a brilliant movie. I'd like to say that it had me in stitches. I'd like to say that it's a worthy follow-up to his first movie and that it's a great end to the Mr. Bean franchise.

I'd like to, but I can't.

It was painfully unfunny half the time. I managed chuckles in some spots, but it left my face straight in most others. Don't get me wrong. I actually wanted to like it. Heck, I'd been looking forward to it. But for some reason, much of this film feels like it's lacking that certain something, that certain je ne sais quois, that Bean-esque quality so prevalent in his other outings that made him so funny and a physical comic genius. It felt like the movie was just plodding along to get to those great points. I'd say this film is only for die-hard Bean fans. Others won't find too much to like about this movie.

BUT that's not to say it doesn't have it's great points. There were a few genuinely funny scenes in the movie. The best one hands down would have to be Bean's marketplace busking, culminating in his operatic performance of Giacomo Puccini's O Mio Babbino Caro. This is Bean at his best.

Check it.


And since we're on the subject of videos, I found this really cute one. This kid is so adorable. "Bluddah! Bluddah! Not funneee! Not funeeee!"

By Chester with No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

    • Popular
    • Categories
    • Archives