Wednesday, September 27, 2006

The Music Shuffle

Thought this would be fun, so gave it a go.

The requirements:

1. Put your music player on shuffle
2. Press forward for each question
3. Use the song title as the answer to the question (but it seems you can insert lyrics from the song if you want lah... in addition to the title...so if it's suitable, just go ahead lah)


1. How am I feeling today?
Sinead O' Connor - Nothing Compares To You

Comment: Appropriate I guess, since I'm missing people.


2. Where will I get married?
Tommy Emmanuel - Mona Lisa

Comment: Hmm... Italy apparently.


3. What is my best friend's theme song?
Dixie Chicks - Lil' Jack Slade

Comments: Instrumental piece. Seems like whoever my best friend is, he likes country.


4. What was high school like?
R Kelly & Celine Dion - I'm Your Angel

"No mountain's too high for you to climb
All you have to do is have some climbing faith, oh yeah
No river's too wide for you to make it across
All you have to do is believe it when you pray"

Comment: High school was a very confusing and uncertain time for me, but God helped me through it.


5. What is the best thing about me?
Final Fantasy VII OST - On That Day Five Years Ago

Comment: Another instrumental. Though this one seems sinister and reminiscent at the same time. Hehe how mysterious I am.


6. How is today going to be?
Santana featuring Michelle Branch - The Game Of Love

Comment: Ooh, flirting's in my future eh?


7. What is in store for this weekend?
Youth Alive - Hungry For More

"Jesus, I need You, and I want more
Jesus, I long for Your presence, Lord
'Cause all I want is You"

Comments: Oh God, I hope so. I wanna see so much more of God!


8. What song describes my parents?
Simply Red - Everytime We Say Goodbye

Comment: How depressing! But how romantic hehe.


9. How is my life going?
Lionel Ritchie - Three Times A Lady

Comment: I'm smitten, it seems.


10. What song will they play at my funeral?
Final Fantasy Tactics OST - Brave Story

Comment: My my, how epic.


11. How does the world see me?
Tina Arena & Marc Anthony - I Want To Spend My Lifetime Loving You

Comment: Didn't know I was so popular!


12. What do my friends really think of me?
Theory Of A Dead Man - No Surprise

"My friends all say the same thing, I don't know my new girl too well...
My friends are mean to me, they say I don't break up too well..."

Comment: Whoa.


13. Do people secretly lust after me?
John Mellencamp - Wild Nights

Comment: Ooh.


14. How can I make myself happy?
Annie Lennox - No More I Love You's

"I used to be lunatic from the gracious days
I used to be woebegone and so restless nights"

Comment: No more being emotional and affectionate? But... I like being tragic.


15. What should I do with my life?
Final Fantasy VII Advent Children OST - Aerith's Theme

Comment: Lots of instrumentals in my life, eh? This is a very sad and thought-provoking song. So what does that mean? To be happy, I have to stop being emotional... and yet, I shouldn't let go of the emotions?


16. Will I ever have children?
Linkin Park - In The End

Comment: Hahaha eventually, in the end, I will.


17. What is some good advice?
Final Fantasy VII Advent Children OST - Tatakau Mono Tachi

Comment: What, go rave?


18. What do I think my current theme song is?
Youth Alive - God Of Miracles

"It's You who heals and forgives
It's You, Jesus, I believe
You are God, You're the God of miracles
You're the God that makes me whole,
And I will worship You"

Comment: Amen.


19. What does everyone else think about my current life?
Hillsong Music Australia - You Alone Are God

Comment: That I desire with everything that I am to put God first. To forever declare that He is God alone.


20. What type of style men do you like?
Aretha Franklin - Respect

Comment: Hahaha apparently those that respect me.


21. Will you get married?
Dixie Chicks - Goodbye Earl

Comment: Seems like I will, but she'll be abusive and I'll have to kill her. And I think her name will be Earl.


23. Where will you live?
Phillips, Craig & Dean - You Are God Alone

"By Your plan, that’s just the way it is."

Comment: Wow, there seems to be a theme going here. I live where God takes me.


24. What will your dying words be?
Dixie Chicks - Bitter End

"The words that you said, they still ring in my head,
Don't you know we say goodbye with a tear in our eye,
Oh, where'd you go?
Farewell to old friends
Let's raise a glass to the bitter end
Farewell to old friends
Will you be the same when we see you again"

Comment: How appropriate. Dunno what my words are gonna be, but seems like they'll be quite poignant.


25. When I'm having sex I say…
Carl Douglas - Kung Fu Fighting

"Ho ho ho hooooo!"

Comment: 'Nuff said.


26. When I meet a guy/lady for the first time I say…
Asian Kung Fu Generation - Haruka Kanata

Comment: Apparently I sing a Japanese rock song.


27. When my parents are angry I say…
Dixie Chicks - Landslide

"Can the child within my heart rise above
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides
Can I handle the seasons of my life"

Comment: Yes, I can!

By Chester with 8 comments

8 comments:

yup this was a very fun one to read.

especially 20, 16 and 13.

"ho ho ho hoooooo!"

21. Will you get married?
Dixie Chicks - Goodbye Earl

Comment: Seems like I will, but she'll be abusive and I'll have to kill her. And I think her name will be Earl.

26. When I meet a guy/lady for the first time I say…
Asian Kung Fu Generation - Haruka Kanata

Comment: Apparently I sing a Japanese rock song.



HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!

Ches, you rock!!!!!!

lawl, chester needs to listen to more Metallica/System of a Down, imo. They are just plain awesome.

[josh & sana] Amazing what our playlists say about us, eh? ^_^
[alex] My dear friend, I grew up on Guns N' Roses and Metallica. In my opinion, Metallica's Black album is the epitome of rock metal.

Er.....

I like Il Divo.

They're rockers in their own right!!!!

Right?

Ok.

Never mind.

Indeed, ches, but Master of Puppets is undoubtedly their best. Black Album was definetely one of the finest though. St. Anger sucks =( If only they played their music like in the 1980s..

Also, P.O.D. is Christian Metal apparently O.O Besides Metallica, System of a Down is an excellent metal choice though. Their music depicts politics, religion, war, world hunger, world issues, basically almost everything.

what sound does a panda make? =O haha (:

heyOz! I think you have a great blog and seems like you are really devoted to God. I randomly came upon your site searching for hillsong lyrics. anyways, i am very encouraged by your hungry for God. Keep in touch if you have time www.myspace.com/BbyLay

From Jai

Post a Comment

    • Popular
    • Categories
    • Archives