Saturday, September 23, 2006

Nokia love

Just read my cousin's post about his new toy. In some ways I understand his enthusiasm, though I don't have the same level of zeal. There's just something so cool about having a new phone to play with, and getting into it and finding out what you can do with it.

And one thing he mentions that is a big plus for many mobile lovers-- exclusivity. The fact that your phone is unique.

"Not everyone wears a Tag, remember?"

And that's one of the reasons why I love my new 6234. Its minimalist look aside (I've been a closet minimalist for the past decade), it's a Vodafone exclusive model so not every Tom, Dick or Chester on the block is gonna have one. Especially not in Brunei.

In other words, the rest of the riff-raff will have to settle for its ugly lesser counterpart.

Will I keep it forever? Probably not. But it's a helluva lot sleeker and less buggy than the N80. Whereas the 6234 is a demure, chic, simple-yet-tasteful minimalist lady, the N80 is a powerful matron-like figure that drowns its flaws in the latest look-what-I-can-do features.

The thing is, I like pretty and tasteful, not powerful and butch. Though the N80 can do things the 6234 can't, the latter has style the former doesn't. Moreover, the N80 has a number of irritating glitches that are quite off-putting.

Our matron has a moustache and other kinds of unsightly body hair, as it were.

By Chester with No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

    • Popular
    • Categories
    • Archives