Sunday, December 24, 2006

Maybe

Sleep eludes me tonight. I never expected to, but tonight I saw him again. And for the first time in a long time, I didn't know what to do with myself.

You see, I once had a best friend. We don't talk anymore. He was everything I'd ever wanted in a friend. He was fun, smart, and we clicked like no one else could. We shared things both trivial and deep and our conversations were always fun. We laughed together and we were sad together. I was there for him and he for me. We were always happy to see each other simply because we had something that extended beyond friendship. It was a pure love that allowed us to be like long lost brothers. But then something happened. But we got over it. We remained brothers.

But then I did something stupid. He didn't take it very well. He was quite angry, and he cut off ties with me. I didn't take it very well. Actually, I was devastated. To this day I have never found another friend like him. Tonight by chance, I saw him again. I was so afraid to say hi, but eventually did. He actually acknowledged me. It was a small gesture, but it was then that a huge burden on my shoulders was lightened. I realized that I've never fully gotten over the end of that friendship. It's a scar that's never fully healed. Right now my mind is plagued with what that gesture means. Is it time for us to rekindle our friendship? Is he ready? Am I?

I once had a best friend. We don't talk anymore. But maybe we will soon.

By Chester with 2 comments

2 comments:

Same here...but even though sometimes when we bump into each other, there's this flashback of what happened between us always come in between us..but still, i kinda missed the times we had back then..

Post a Comment

    • Popular
    • Categories
    • Archives