Thursday, May 24, 2007

Braaaaaaains...

I watched 28 Weeks Later last Friday. And loved it.

I don't usually watch a lot of movies in the horror genre, but I think I can safely say that I'm a closet fan of zombie movies. They're scary fun. And this one was no exception. I didn't expect it to be as well-paced as it was. And I love that the zombies actually run (they're technically not zombies, but for the purposes of this review they will be referred to as such). As if a bloodthirsty homicidal zombie wasn't scary enough, now they can actually give chase! And God forbid you meet a zombie who used to be an Olympic sprinter!

In any case, let me just say-- Robert Carlyle is a brilliant actor. He makes you really feel the mixed emotions of pity and revulsion for the character near the beginning of the movie. And when he switches sides, the character portrayal totally changes. You'll end up loving and dreading seeing him appear on-screen.

Hands down best worst scene in the movie? The eye-gouging part. If you've seen it, you know which part I mean.


And here's something for you fellow Heroes fans. Don't use Facebook? Should start!

Click to enlarge

By Chester with 2 comments

2 comments:

Hang on hang on... wit?... Here in Brunei?... I must've tripped and fallen through a rabbits warren... in to some localised wonderland.
I went through your posts and was pleasantly surprised.

Haha why thank you. Every so often, my inner muse rears its head and lets me write a couple of good posts. Other times, it's just me and my attempts to inject life into the mundane.

And you'd be surprised at the amount of wit in Brunei. As far as how much of said wit makes its way into the blogosphere, well... I'm not too sure.

Post a Comment

    • Popular
    • Categories
    • Archives