Friday, September 14, 2007

Quack

I was chatting with a couple friends in those final minutes before a lecture starts, and we (of course) ended up talking about where we were going to have lunch. Someone mentioned duck, which brought about the confessions of three of my coursemates that they'd never had duck.

Ever.

It's alright, pick your jaw up off the ground. I had to. I mean, whoa, right? But they said that duck meat was predominantly Chinese territory, so I suppose it's not that shocking. But it was still quite a surprise.

So we went to some Chinese restaurant called Shi Kai or something (which I'd actually been to once or twice before but didn't remember till I actually got there). Not a bad place, but it was a bad choice for their first taste of duck. Suffice to say, that I've had better. A lot better. Problem is, all the places that are better are not appropriate for Muslim palates, so oh well.

I am so glad I can eat anything I want. But there has to be a place that serves A-Grade authentic Chinese food without compromising anyone's religious beliefs...

Anyone know any?

By Chester with No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

    • Popular
    • Categories
    • Archives