Thursday, June 5, 2008

Tweak!

I was involved in the 10th ASEAN University Network (AUN) Educational Forum and Young Speakers Contest a few weeks back, and I'm quite proud to say that it was my second time participating as a student. Not many people can claim that haha.

At the forum I met a bunch of great people from around ASEAN and we formed a little 'gang' of sorts, affectionately called the 'Pusit' gang, a word courtesy of one of our Filipino members, Nash. I must admit feeling a little bit "on the outside" initially because whereas everyone else in the gang was a delegate, my role in the forum slightly differed. It seemed like I wasn't really part of the gang to begin with, but that feeling mostly passed. But as with all good things, the forum ended and we all had to go our separate ways. For me parting was pretty reminiscent of the AUN forum in Singapore in 2006.

Ah, nostalgia. Here's to the gang. May our 'pusit'-ness (and inevitable innuendo) never end.

Great collage, Aix!


Anyhoo, for those of you who don't know, I've been teaching at a tuition school for the past month. For me, it's just a way to earn some dosh during these holidays really.

In all honesty, I cannot see myself doing this for very long. I don't think I want to be part of a system where students are drilled and simply taught how to pass the exam. Plus, it's a headache teaching non-responsive government school kids. Not that I can blame them much. I would probably be the same way in a Bahasa Melayu classroom. And to be fair, the kids in one of my tuition groups are really quite fun to teach because, although they get noisy sometimes, they usually participate. It's kids like these that I love teaching. Though conversely, they can be a handful.

And, yes, new template again. Was bored haha. The other one was nice, but didn't have that certain something. This one slides! Opinions? Comments?

Oh, and the tagboard and whatnot are all tucked away up there; just "pull".

In other news, Guitar Hero: Metallica!!



Also, I want Alanis Morissette's new album!!

By Chester with No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

    • Popular
    • Categories
    • Archives