Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Think before you flush

I once watched an episode of Medical Investigation where one of the characters explained the aerosol effect that occurs whenever you flush a toilet. Ever since then, I have put the toilet lid down before I flush. This is to minimize the cloud of faecal/urinal water vapour that would geyser its way onto every surface of the toilet. This of course includes shampoo bottles, soap, toothbrushes, etc.
And anyone who happens to be in the toilet at the time.   

Click to enlarge.


It's pretty disturbing. Just thinking about it is making me feel a little queasy.

Even without the current pandemic-scare atmosphere, I recommend that everyone always close the lid before they flush. For more info, read this.

By Chester with No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

    • Popular
    • Categories
    • Archives