Wednesday, May 2, 2007

No leaf clover, sad but true

I stand at the entrance of a long dark tunnel. Once I enter I just keep running, and as I go deeper it gets darker, and all I want is to burst out the other side. To reach the endpoint.

And when I do come out the other side, I realize that all that's there is darkness. And guilt. And pain.

And you'd think with all I go through, it'd be easier (and prudent) to avoid the next tunnel. But when I come to it, it almost calls out to me. I'm curious, I'm intrigued, I'm weak. Then the dark inside me takes hold and drags me toward the entrance. I resist, but try as I might, sometimes it's too strong.

And maybe, just maybe, a part of me isn't fighting as hard as I should. The part that wants it. The part that wants to embrace the darkness of the tunnel again. The part that whispers in my ear and tells me it's fine and speaks sweet little excuses and justifications to me. And when I turn to look at the small dark voice, the demon on my shoulder, the devil's advocate, all I see...

...is myself.

By Chester with 2 comments

2 comments:

hm, interesting blog. i should really read the more often; they're there for a reason. haha let's get back to studying mr introspective pensiveness =D

LOL if you ever find the other blog I was telling you about, you'll have lots to study.

Post a Comment

    • Popular
    • Categories
    • Archives