Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The next page

I didn't get much sleep because I had a great night last night. Talking, I mean.

Please. Keep your mind out of the gutter.

Someone pointed out something about me recently. No, not that I have sex on the brain, despite what the picture at left might seem to imply. They claimed that I'm the kind of person who prefers having one-on-ones, as opposed to being in huge groups.

Initially I didn't really agree... but now that I think about it, I guess I am like that. Not that I dislike groups, but at the end of the day, to really know someone, you need to go one-on-one.

Hmm, somehow I'm not making this sound any less dodgy. I'm still talking about talking, by the way.

I managed to talk about many things with a friend last night. We talked into the wee hours of the morning and it was really great. I find that there is nothing that really makes me feel more alive than feeling close to someone by having a heart-to-heart. Anyone can talk about rubbish. Anyone can crack silly jokes. Don't get me wrong-- Laughter is a great way to have fun and build rapport, but at the end of the day, what do you really know about each other? If all you do is hang out, but never go beyond cracking jokes and trivial conversation, all you are are hang-out buddies.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. We all need hang-out buddies. But I guess some of us just want more than that. We all need people we can confide in whether we want to admit it or not. On the other hand, not everyone can tolerate constant deep talks. We all need to talk about trivial rubbish now and then. So if you've got a friend or friends that you can hang out with all the time but still can have heart-to-hearts with now and then, then consider yourself blessed.

And hang on to those people. They're hard to come by. And I'm glad I've come by one.

In other news, here's a shout-out to the n00bs in the blogosphere! Welcome to the club. It's about damn time!



NB: Yes, Frank's blog has been around longer than the others, but it's still got a 2007 beginning. So there.

By Chester with No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

    • Popular
    • Categories
    • Archives