Saturday, June 2, 2007

John le Fucker

Yes. I know. But let's grow up for a moment and think about this.

I've always wondered (as I'm sure many others have at one point or another) how and when the word "fuck" actually became a swear-word. I know why it's frowned upon. It's rude because of what it means. But how exactly did it come to gain this meaning? I'm sure there was a time when the word was fine, or in fact, didn't even exist. When did it first come about? And what exactly lead to people deeming this word entirely uncouth, and even sometimes coming to the point of cringing at its mere articulation?

Like right now. I'm pretty sure a fair amount of you raised an eyebrow at the mere title of this post. But the Wikipedia entry says it was reportedly a man's name. As adult as we wanna be about this, come on! Seriously, how funny is that? That would be quite an introduction for an Academy Award, eh?

"And the Oscar for best actor goes to....... JOHN LE FUCKER! Haha get up here, Fucker!"

Despite the hilarity that comes with the rudeness of "fuck", its Wiki entry is quite informative. Also, if you never realized, the word is quite versatile.
"Fuck is used not only as a verb (transitive and intransitive), but also as a noun, interjection, and, occasionally, as an expletive infix."

It's just quite interesting how it gets such a rise from some people, and yet is used by others as often as the word "the". In any case, just the reputation of the word makes me wanna go to Austria so I can visit this town:

I swear, this is an unedited photo.


Or I could just stay closer to home and find this place:

This is probably in Malaysia somewhere...

By Chester with 3 comments

3 comments:

haha you've finally blogged this strange conversation we had on the bus. how unfortunate though? someone's name is now being used commonly and habitually in vain. it's the same as using JC's name...how awful? haha at least you had the balls to type it in wiki. i would, but i don't know how to clear my search in firefox...haha!

Post a Comment

    • Popular
    • Categories
    • Archives