Tuesday, January 29, 2008

BENJAMIN! BARKER!

Very few movies make it onto my list of masterpieces. Certain films simply strike a chord with me. Films like The Sound of Music, The Ten Commandments, Forrest Gump, V For Vendetta, The Color Purple, Bicentennial Man, Se7en, Hero. Even now, I'm not sure what draws me to a film. I could sit here and regale you with multiple different reasons why each of these movies are among my all-time favourites, but what all these films have in common is that they engaged me at the most primal level of emotions; they all made me sing, or cry, or left me with a sense of awe once the credits rolled.

The latest film to grasp my attention is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber Of Fleet Street. I adore the soundtrack, how it can bring a majestic touch to the most mundane (and often insane) scenes, and make a serial killer seem so powerful and yet so pitiful. I found myself enjoying every character and every lyric and every note of music.

It is a violent, gory, gothic musical, and I loved every minute of it.

By Chester with No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

    • Popular
    • Categories
    • Archives