Monday, February 18, 2008

Ha-HAH! Feathery 'cocks.

So, my first day of actual teaching went, now that I think about it, as expected.

There are the smart-alec ones who think they know a lot but really don't, the diligent ones who know a lot but don't give themselves enough credit, the quiet ones that explode every so often given the right accelerant, and the noisy ones who just never shut their pie-holes.

And then, of course, you have those who, if not for the clothes they wear, could easily be mistaken for primates. You know the kind-- insatiably curious about everything, groom only when necessary, never sit still, occasionally emit the odd hoot or squeak, and shriek when provoked.

Sigh, hopefully the "new teacher" effect wears off soon.

I'll also have to learn how to be the "bad cop". Sure, I can be strict when the situation calls for it, but only in extreme circumstances. Otherwise, it's a chore. I'm not an angry person. I'm just too nice. I wonder how far I can be pushed before I snap...

Today also marks the first day of my return to badminton. I've often said that if I were to ever pick a sport to play, it'd be badminton. It's the only real sport I've ever really been good at. I'm not fantastic or anything, but I can play, if only because I used to play with my brothers a lot as a kid. I actually managed to squeeze in a game or two when I was in Manchester. Running after a feathered flying object in shorts in 15° weather is quite the experience.

Lotsa cold shuttlecocks, I can tell you.

By Chester with No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

    • Popular
    • Categories
    • Archives